Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fit For a Hero Chocolate Cake

A member of the single's ward made this amazing cake for the luncheon after Clark's funeral. I don't think that one person who tasted it didn't rave about how moist, rich, and delicious it was. My mom said, "Lucky is the man who marries the woman who made this cake!" We did our digging and got the recipe. It is now a go-to favorite amongst our family. Clark became a hero to many during his illness and this cake is nothing short of being fit for a hero.
  • 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix (I used SuperMoist's Triple Chocolate Fudge, but any chocolate kind with pudding in it works - the fudge is definitely better than Devil's Food, promise!)
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 3 eggs
  • 6 oz. chocolate chips (3/4 cup)
Mix together everything but chocolate chips (easy, no?) - I followed the box's recommendation of 30 seconds on low and then 2 minutes on medium. Then mix in the chocolate chips.

Pour into a well-greased (with shortening - NOT oil), well-floured bundt pan. I can't stress this enough! The greasing and flouring are essential for the cake to not stick, so be thorough.

Bake at 350* F. for 40-45 minutes.

When the cake has cooled , drizzle with chocolate glaze, which is made by combining:
  • 3 Tbsp. butter (you can melt it; I just used softened butter and then zapped the whole glaze for 25 seconds to make it pourable)
  • 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp. hot water
  • 6 Tbsp. cocoa
I recommend serving along with some vanilla ice cream.

5 comments:

The Markerts said...

Good timing for a new recipe, with Thanksgiving right around the corner! I still think of & pray for your family often...you'll remain in my prayers over the holiday season.

Andrea said...

YUM! Thanks for the great new recipe. Will for sure use it hopefully soon. :)

Carol Schoeck said...

We celebrated Nick's 13th birthday last night and things had been so crazy busy over the weekend with football games, a play at the high school, church, and youth group, that I didn't get a cake baked. I went to work feeling guilty for getting Nick a store bought cake. Then I remembered the cake you put up on Super Clark and thought "that looks pretty easy and quick and I have everything but the cake mix at home"... so I left work one hour early, picked up the cake mix and the proof is in the picture. Nick got a cake fit for a hero. This is a recipe that is definitely going in my keeper file!

Anonymous said...

Made our "Super Clark" cake last night with the kids & enjoyed it today at a baby shower. It was yummy; I will think of Clark & all the Kimble family every time I make it! We'll never forget! ~ Susie

julia moreton said...

My names are Julia moreton I’m a citizen of UK, My younger sister was sicking of
breast cancer and her name is Florence   I and my family have been taking her
to all kind of hospital over here(UK) still yet no good result. I decided to go to
the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady
called Sophia Charlotte,   she testifies to the world about the goodness of a
herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the
herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @ kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com for my
younger sister to see if he can cure her from the ailment that has befallen her(breast cancer). I contacted him and told him
my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister will be
cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to send give to me to cook and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how
can I receive the cure that I am in UK, he told me
That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for
the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier
service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week runs out, my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not
knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the
miracle of Doctor kokobi. my dad wanted to pay him 5 million  dollars as token of our appreciation towards his good work but the
herbal man declined the offer which I don't know why, he only say that I should tell the world about him
and the miracle he perform so am here now to tell the world about him if
you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get a solution to from
the hospital please contact kokobiherbalremedycentre@gmail.com or WhatsApp him
+254746618873 or call him via his calling line +2348114448587 . And if you need more information about the doctor you can send me an mail @
juliamoreton78@gmail.com